We're committed to a new energy future that is cost-effective, resilient and environmentally sustainable.
Through our sustainable energy plan, we will:
- Commit to our community with industry-leading reliability and resiliency and support the economic growth of the region.
- Benefit our customers by maintaining competitive and affordable rates and advance energy efficiency.
- Reduce carbon emissions at least 80% by 2030 and 90% by 2050.
- Increase renewable energy and incorporate storage resources.
- Decommission all coal generation by 2030 and reduce reliance on fossil fuels.
- Integrate new technologies responsibly by modernizing our grid and partner with customers to create distributed energy resources throughout the community.
Temporary natural gas generators will replace generation from our downtown coal power plant called Martin Drake by 2023. These units will ensure system reliability and will be relocated once new transmission projects are complete in the coming years.
Thank you to everyone who actively participated in this process and helped set the stage for a brighter, sustainable future for generations to come.