Save your business money and help protect the environment with an electric motor replacement rebate. Receive a rebate when you replace shaded pole or permanent split capacitor motors with electronically commutated (ECM) or Q-sync motors. Read the specific rebate information below and then follow the steps to apply for the rebate.*
Motor replacement information:
- Receive $60 to replace motors under 1/2hp with ECM or Q-sync units.
- Receive $100 for those greater than or equal to 1/2hp.
- Locations for such motors include, but are not limited to, walk in/reach-in cooler/freezer, HVAC fan powered VAV box, fan coil and furnace blowers.
- You must be a Colorado Springs Utilities commercial electric customer.
- Electronically commutated and Q-sync motors must have a minimum of 70% efficiency.
- The minimum qualifying replacement size is 1/30hp (25 watts) for replaced shaded pole motors or 1/50hp (15 watts) for split capacitor motors.
- For safety purposes, all ECMs or Q-sync motors installed must be UL listed.
- Product installation must meet local, state and federal safety code requirements.
Steps to receive rebate:
- Download and complete the rebate application.
- Digitally sign - or print and sign - the rebate application.
- Sign and provide the manufacturer's data sheets indicating ECM efficiency rating.
- Provide clear, legible copies of your itemized invoices that show:
Provide a copy of valid photo ID. Military personnel should bring military ID to 111 S. Cascade Ave for verification.
Email or mail the completed application and all required documentation to email@example.com or
- Date of purchase
- Purchase price
- Quantity purchased
Colorado Springs Utilities
P.O. Box 1103, Mail Code 1339
Colorado Springs, CO 80947
*Rebates are offered on a first come, first served basis and are subject to eligibility and availability of funds. Certain other conditions and restrictions apply.