Insulating and sealing the "envelope" or "shell" of your home — its outer walls, ceiling, windows, doors and floors — is often the most cost effective way to improve energy efficiency and comfort, keeping it cooler in summer and warmer in winter. ENERGY STAR® estimates that a knowledgeable homeowner or skilled contractor can save up to 20% on heating and cooling costs (or up to 10% on their total annual energy bill) by insulating and sealing. Rebate amount will equal 40% of total, cost up to $200 maximum.
- You must be a Colorado Springs Utilities residential electric and/or natural gas customer.
- Work must be performed by a Colorado contractor.
- Attic and exterior wall insulation must meet the U.S. Department of Energy recommended rating of R-49 for Colorado.
- Attic insulation must include bypass air sealing to be eligible for a rebate.
Steps to receive rebate:
- Download and complete the rebate application.
- Digitally sign - or print and sign - the rebate application.
- Provide a clear, legible copy of your itemized invoice that shows:
Provide a copy of valid photo ID for proof of lawful residency.
Email completed application adn all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, mail completed application and all required documentation to:
- Contractor name
- Contractor address
- Contractor phone number
- Purchase and/or install date
- Purchase price
- Proof of payment
Colorado Springs Utilities
P.O. Box 1103, Mail Code 1339
Colorado Springs, CO 80947
It pays to be efficient.
As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. There are many simple steps you can take today to lower your energy use.