In the average Colorado home, lighting accounts for about 12 percent of the electric bill. We can save money and protect the environment by installing ENERGY STAR-qualified lighting.
- Use about 70 to 90 percent less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Last 10 to 25 times longer and saves $30 to $80 in electricity costs over its lifetime.
- Meet strict quality and efficiency standards that are tested by accredited labs and certified by a third party.
- Produce about 70 to 90 percent less heat, so it’s safer to operate and can cut energy costs associated with home cooling.
The easiest way to start saving energy is to change out the light bulbs in your current fixtures. If you are remodeling, building a new home or just updating the look of a room, consider installing new ENERGY STAR-qualified light fixtures.
Instant discounts on ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs at local retailers
We partnered with local retailers to bring you immediate discounts on ENERGY STAR-qualified lighting. Visit these participating Colorado Springs retailers.
5620 E Woodmen Rd.
2713 Janitell Rd.
3320 Austin Bluffs Pkwy.
5885 Barnes Rd.
5050 N. Nevada Ave.
2250 Southgate Rd.
102 N. Academy Blvd.
7166 N. Academy Blvd.
5660 E. Woodmen Rd.
701 N. Academy Blvd.
4880 N. Nevada Ave.
2945 New Center Point
4252 Royal Pine Dr.
1850 E. Woodmen Rd.
4385 Venetucci Blvd.
708 S. 8th St.
3021 E. Platte Ave.
1575 Space Center Dr.
8250 Razorback Rd.
5550 E. Woodmen Rd.
Compare & Save
The Lighting Facts label allows you to do that.
- Lumens measure the brightness of the light bulb. The higher the lumens, the brighter the light bulb.
- Estimated Yearly Energy Cost is based on three hours of use per day at the average U.S. electricity price of 11 cents per kilowatt hour.
- Life is how long your light bulb is expected to last based on being turned on for three hours per day.
- Light Appearance is the light bulb's color temperature. Light bulbs in the warm range will have a softer yellowish light. Light bulbs in the cool range have whiter light.
- Energy Used is measured in wattage of the light bulb.