- The locate sheet must be with the person doing the excavating on site at all times.
- Eighteen inches on either side of a flag or paint mark is considered a correct location.
- All utilities must be exposed and identified as the correct utility before crossing over, under or paralleling within 18 inches of any existing utility.
- Pothole has to be where the excavation is going to cross the utility.
- If utilities are not found on marks or 18 inches either side of marks while exposing before excavation, then call us at 448-4800 to help determine the correct location.
- All electric and fiber optic duct banks should be exposed for proper width and depth before crossing over and under the duct bank.
- All damages must be reported immediately - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - to COLORADO 811 and Springs Utilities at 448-4800 for direct response to the damage.
- Larger jobs, more than 600 feet, are classified as continuous projects and a time schedule should be worked out with us before excavation begins. Telephone and cable will be located by private companies.
- The locate marks of any Springs Utilities or other utility-owned fiber are valid for 30 calendar days from the day marked, as long as the marks are still clearly visible. The excavator is responsible for maintaining the located marks for the entire excavation period. Do not dig if marks are not visible. 8-1-1 for re-marks.
Summary of Senate Bill 184. This is also available in print (Excavators Handbook) from COLORADO 811 or online