Online educational programs
Online education programs offer additional information and activities related to energy and water topics. Please use the links below to find more information.
- USGS Water Science School’s interactive site offers information on many aspects of water, along with pictures, data, maps, and an area where students can express opinions and test their water knowledge.
- DiscoverWater is a self-directed, online educational resource comprised of eight units about different water topics. These topics are named Blue Planet, The Water Cycle, Discover Our Ocean, Investigate Fresh Water, Explore Watersheds, Use Water Wisely, We All Use Water and Healthy Water – Healthy People, and cover a range of topics on the role of water in our lives (targeted grades 2nd – 6th).
- Hydration Game, courtesy of Project Wet, is a fun way to learn how important water is to sustaining life.
- Water Use Calculator (families & adults) is a more in-depth, easy-to-use water use calculator that may work well as a take-home assignment for the whole family.
- Electricity for kids offers activities for children, lesson plans for teachers, ideas for parents and a whole host of free teaching resources for anyone interested in electricity-related information.