You can significantly increase your savings and reduce your carbon footprint when you replace your old, inefficient refrigerator or freezer. While you’re at it, do something cool for the climate and recycle your old one, ensuring that refrigerants, oils and other compounds are properly removed and reclaimed. In return, we’ll give you a $50 rebate. Follow the steps below to see if you qualify for a rebate on a recycled refrigerator or freezer*.
- You must be a Colorado Springs Utilities electric customer.
- The old appliance must be:
- Capable of cooling and freezing
- At least 10 cubic feet or larger (small, “dorm-style” units do not qualify)
- Must be empty and accessible for removal
- Recycled by Appliance Recycling Centers of America
Steps to receive rebate:
- Schedule your pick-up by calling 1-888-540-5931 or complete the online form.
- Then our partner, Appliance Recycling Centers of America, will collect your old appliance and ensure it is recycled properly**.
- Download and complete the rebate application.
- Digitally sign - or print and sign - the rebate application.
- Provide a clear, legible copy of your Appliance Recycling Centers of America receipt that shows the appliance(s) recycled.
- Provide a copy of valid photo ID for proof of lawful residency. Military personnel should bring military ID to 111 S. Cascade Ave for verification.
- Email or mail the completed application and all required documentation to email@example.com or
Colorado Springs Utilities
P.O. Box 1103, Mail Code 1339
Colorado Springs, CO 80947
*No more than two appliances per premise, per year are eligible for the rebate. After you submit the rebate application, please allow six to eight weeks for the credit to appear on your utilities bill.
**Units recycled through retailers do not qualify for this rebate.
It pays to be efficient
Don’t know if you’re due for an upgrade? Models over 15 years old use twice as much energy as a new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator. Find out how much your old refrigerator or freezer costs to operate
and how much you can save by flipping it to an ENERGY STAR model.