You can significantly increase your savings and reduce your carbon footprint when you replace your old, inefficient refrigerator or freezer. While you’re at it, do something cool for the climate and recycle your old one, ensuring that refrigerants, oils and other compounds are properly removed and reclaimed. In return, we’ll give you a $50 rebate. Follow the steps below to see if you qualify for a rebate on a recycled refrigerator or freezer*.
- You must be a Colorado Springs Utilities electric customer.
- The old appliance must be:
Read the program rules.
- Capable of cooling and freezing
- At least 10 cubic feet or larger (small, “dorm-style” units- do not qualify)
- Must be empty and accessible for removal
- Recycled by Appliance Recycling Centers of America (Call 1-888-540-5931 to schedule a pickup) or complete the online form.
Steps to receive rebate:
- Complete the online rebate application form.
- Provide a clear, legible copy of your itemized receipt that shows:
Provide a copy of a valid photo ID. (Military personnel should bring military ID to 111 S. Cascade Ave. for verification.)
Select the "i am a human" checkbox and click the "Submit" button.
- Business name
- Phone number
- Purchase and/or install date
- Description of work
- Purchase price
- Proof of payment.
If you prefer, submit a hard copy form.
- Download and complete the 2020 PDF application form.
- Digitally sign - or print and sign - the form.
- Email or mail the completed PDF application form and all required documentation (see above) to email@example.com or
Colorado Springs Utilities
P.O. Box 1103, Mail Code 1339
Colorado Springs, CO 80947
*No more than two appliances per premise, per year are eligible for the rebate. After you submit the rebate application, please allow six to eight weeks for the credit to appear on your utilities bill.
**Units recycled through retailers do not qualify for this rebate.
Appliance Recycling Centers of America is a member of the Environmental Protection Agency's Responsible Appliance Disposal program.
It pays to be efficient
Don’t know if you’re due for an upgrade? Models over 15 years old use twice as much energy as a new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator. Find out how much your old refrigerator or freezer costs to operate and how much you can save by flipping it to an ENERGY STAR model.