Start managing your business's heating and cooling costs with a smart thermostat. Using advanced technology, a smart thermostat conveniently controls and monitors your business's comfort, while optimizing settings to reduce energy costs. The remote capabilities and intuitive interface make the smart thermostat simple to use, saving energy and money no matter where you are. Follow the steps below to see if you qualify for a $50 rebate on a smart thermostat.
- Installation address must have Colorado Springs Utilities commercial electric and/or natural gas customer.
- Smart thermostat must be ENERGY STAR certified. View a list of qualifying models.
Steps to receive rebate:
- Download and complete the commercial or multi-family rebate application.
- Digitally sign - or print and sign - the rebate application.
- Provide a clear, legible copy of your itemized receipt.
- Note: In the case of a sole proprietorships, state law requires the submission of a valid photo ID with the application.
- Email or mail the completed application and all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Colorado Springs Utilities
P.O. Box 1103, Mail Code 1339
Colorado Springs, CO 80947
Note: ENERGY STAR smart thermostats generally require WIFI internet access, and work best where multi-wire (3 or more conductor) thermostat wiring is present. Customers with radiant heat or multi-zone systems should carefully review thermostat capabilities before purchase. Customers are encouraged to compare qualifying products to determine which one is right for your business.
Features vary by model, but may include:
- Learning the temperature you like and establishing a schedule that automatically adjusts to energy-saving temperatures
- Providing business energy use data you can track and manage
- Allowing you to control your business's heating and cooling remotely through your smartphone