In spite of our best efforts, we can't always withstand the forces of Mother Nature. We understand the inconvenience that loss of service presents, and we appreciate your patience as we work to restore service as quickly as possible. During any storm, it’s important to keep yourself and family safe.
We encourage those who have needs requiring electricity to seek shelter with friends or neighbors during a storm. Customers with an emergency should call 911.
During a storm
Before & after a storm
- Do you have trees touching an electric line? Do not attempt to trim them yourself. Call us at 448-4800 for a free tree and utility safety inspection. Line clearance tree trimming will be arranged at no cost to the customer if it is determined that tree limbs are encroaching or threatening the power lines.
- Check your mast (for homes with overhead power lines). Should an outage occur, your mast must be in working order before we can safely restore power to your home.
- Check your meters for damage. Damaged meters can be a safety hazard, exposing wires or leaking natural gas. If your meters are damaged in a storm, call 448-4800 and we'll come inspect/replace the meters. For your safety, please do not attempt to tape or repair damaged meters yourself.
- Create an emergency kit with water, food, first-aid supplies and more.
- Create/update an emergency plan with current emergency contact information.
More preparedness information