A message from Jerry Forte, chief executive officer
At Springs Utilities, we value the diversity of our workforce and recognize that an inclusive work environment capitalizes on the strengths that each employee brings to the workplace. These core values extend with the same passion in our relationship with our diverse community. We strive to realize extraordinary accomplishments through understanding, valuing, and engaging employees, customers, and other stakeholders in providing safe, reliable, competitively-priced electric, natural gas, water and wastewater services to the citizens of Colorado Springs.
Springs Utilities supports the growth and development of small disadvantaged, minority and women owned businesses to provide cost effective and timely acquisitions of goods and services. Our Supplier Diversity Program is an initiative that seeks to provide suppliers fair access to sales and service opportunities through mentoring and supplier development activities. Our outreach activities shall consist of, but not limited to, the following:
- Promoting our business opportunities to the community.
- Identifying and working with diverse suppliers on how to do business with us.
- Building relationships with proven community based organizations that can assist with identifying existing and potential small and diverse suppliers.
- Participating in and/or sponsoring supplier diversity functions.
- Promoting our supplier diversity program through effective internal and external communications.
We are committed to providing opportunities to small, disadvantaged, minority and women owned businesses. I encourage you to seek more information and learn more about doing business with Colorado Springs Utilities by registering with the Rocky Mountain e-Procurement System, our online solicitation process.
Small business opportunities
We believe in supporting the community we serve. This simple belief is the foundation of our commitment to community investment. Nowhere is this commitment more evident than in our effort to strengthen small business relationships.
The goal of the procurement and contracts office is to mirror the rich diversity of our service area and establish relationships with qualified firms that reflect the cultural diversity of our customer base. With every relationship built, we help to enhance economic growth and provide the best value services to our citizen owners.
We actively encourage small businesses - especially minority and women owned firms - to participate in our procurement process by:
- Facilitating the certification of small business firms.
- Increasing the number of small businesses certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and profiled in SBA's Pro-Net procurement database.
- Promoting awareness of our business needs and processes.
Below are some of the goods and services we often purchase.
- Computers and peripherals
- Pipe and fittings
- Janitorial services
- Office supplies and services
- Transmission and distribution equipment and hardware
- Construction services and supplies
- Promotional items
- Hand and power tools
- Wire and cable
- Various professional and operational services