Colorado Springs is located in a semi-arid, high plains environment where, drought or no drought, water is a precious resource.
Commercial and institutional buildings can account for 17 percent of the municipal water demand in the United States, so using water wisely makes good business sense – for our community’s water supply and for your bottom line. We're here to help with efficiency tips, resources and tools.
Getting started from WaterSense
- Develop a water management plan.
- Assess your water use to identify opportunities for savings and track results.
- Check regularly for leaks and, when found, repair them promptly.
- Consider replacing bathroom fixtures with more efficient models and check automatic sensors to ensure they are operating properly to avoid unnecessary water use.
- Consider water smart landscaping and irrigation practices.
- Optimize your cooling systems and determine if they can provide or use alternative onsite sources of water.
- Educate employees and occupants about water efficiency to encourage water-saving behaviors.
- Learn more ideas by reviewing the WaterSense Water at Work publication