Insulating the "envelope" or "shell" of your home — its outer walls, ceiling, doors and floors — is often the most cost-effective way to improve energy efficiency and comfort, keeping it cooler in summer and warmer in winter. ENERGY STAR® estimates that a knowledgeable homeowner or skilled contractor can save up to 20% on heating and cooling costs (or up to 10% on their total annual energy bill) by insulating and sealing. Rebate amount will equal 40% of total cost of attic insulation project up to $200 maximum and 40% of total cost of wall insulation project up to $200 maximum.
- You must be a Colorado Springs Utilities residential electric and/or natural gas customer.
- Work must be performed by a Colorado contractor.
- Insulation R-value must meet the U.S. Department of Energy recommended ratings: Attic-R49 and exterior wall-R13.
- Attic insulation must include bypass air sealing to be eligible for a rebate.
Steps to receive rebate:
- Complete the online rebate application form.
- Provide a clear, legible copy of your itemized receipt that shows:
Provide a copy of a valid photo ID. (Military personnel should bring military ID to 111 S. Cascade Ave. for verification.)
Select the "i am a human" checkbox and click the "Submit" button.
- Business name
- Phone number
- Purchase and/or install date
- Description of work
- Purchase price
- Proof of payment.
If you prefer, submit a hard copy form.
- Download and complete the PDF application form.
- Digitally sign - or print and sign - the form.
- Email or mail the completed PDF application form and all required documentation (see above) to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Colorado Springs Utilities
P.O. Box 1103, Mail Code 1339
Colorado Springs, CO 80947
It pays to be efficient.
As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. There are many simple steps you can take today to lower your energy use.