For a natural gas main extension at your address, please follow this procedure:
- Call us at 448-4800.
- We will provide you with a letter of request and line extension policy.
- You must submit the completed letter of request and provide the utility plan and map.
- We will set up a work order and submit the request to our system design team who will perform the design with a cost estimate.
- We will notify you of the estimated cost and provide the line extension contract.
- After you sign the line extension contract and deposit 100 percent of estimated cost, we will schedule a time for the crew to begin construction.
- We will perform the final cost accounting 60 to 90 days after completion of construction. We will refund or bill you for the actual cost.
- You are required to sign a 10-year refund contract stating that you will receive a refund for each subsequent meter connected to the gas line during the 10-year term. Depending on the connected gas loads, the no-interest refunds may equal or may be less, but will not exceed the amount that you placed on the deposit. Refunds are typically made monthly after the cost adjustments are finalized and the 10-year contract is executed.