Water-wise rules help us all to responsibly use a limited resource. After all, we're a growing community in a semi-arid climate. And, we've learned that we can maintain vibrant, healthy landscapes in our community with responsible watering practices.
Implementing the new water-wise rules is one way we can responsibly and efficiently use water for the benefit of our community, neighbors and our rivers.
6 key water-wise rules
- You may water up to three days a week. You choose the days.
- Water before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m. to reduce evaporation.
- Don't let water pool on hard surfaces or flow down gutters.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Use a shut-off nozzle when washing anything with a hose.
- Clean hard surfaces with water only if there is a public health and safety concern.