Water-wise rules support the wise use of water in our community. Efficient water use today helps us ensure a reliable supply for the future. These tips will help you keep your lawn healthy while following the new rules.
Water twice per week in May; as the weather warms up change to three days per week. You choose the days. Reduce the number of days again as the weather cools in fall.
Schedule pop-ups for 20 minutes, rotors 45 minutes, multi-stream nozzles 60 minutes each watering day. These recommendations are starting points; adjust up or down as needed.
Seasonal Tips for July and August
- Water three times per week.
- Schedule pop-ups for 20 minutes, rotors 45 minutes, multi-stream nozzles 60 minutes each watering day. These recommendations are starting points; adjust up or down as needed.
- July and August can be rainy. Make sure your rain sensor is working or install one if you don’t have one. (Promote rebate.)
- Improve coverage and reduce runoff with high efficiency nozzles. (Promote rebate and video.)
- Perform a sprinkler checkup to make sure everything is in good working condition.
- As the weather warms up, you may notice brown spots in your lawn. They may be an indicator of poor coverage. Check for clogged or misaligned nozzles, sunken or tilted sprinkler heads.
- As you're fixing these maintenance issues, consider upgrading to sprinkler bodies with pressure regulation and check valves.
- Fertilize your lawn in early to mid-May. Don’t fertilize once the heat of summer arrives.
Not interested in adjusting your sprinkler system monthly?Consider installing a smart controller. Save on sprinkler upgrades with our rebates.