Colorado Springs Utilities and the Energy Resource Center have partnered to provide energy and water efficiency improvements for qualifying residential customers through the Home Efficiency Assistance Program.
HEAP informational flyer
HEAP participants receive an in-home energy and water audits. Those results are used to determine various improvements that could include:
- Additional insulation to attics, sidewalls and crawlspaces
- LED light bulbs in high usage areaslight bulbs in high usage areas.
- Inefficient refrigerator may be replaced with an energy efficient refrigerator, if eligible.
- Existing showerheads and toilets may be replaced with high efficiency models.
- Furnace and water heater may be replaced or repaired.
Energy Resource Center technicians work with customers throughout the entire weatherization process on how they can improve energy and water efficiency in their home, and how they can maintain newly installed appliances.
To qualify, a customer must:
- Own the property they live in; and
- Reside in a single family home, townhouse, condo, multi-family unit (duplex or fourplex) or mobile/modular/manufactured home; and
- Have a household gross income at or below 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines.
For more information, and to find out if you qualify for HEAP, contact the Energy Resource Center at 591-0772.