We can help boost your business success by reducing your up-front investment for efficiency upgrades and your ongoing operating costs.
We will work with your business to determine equipment eligibility, measurement and verification processes and potential rebate amounts prior to the beginning of the project. Once the project is complete, the verified demand and energy/water savings from qualifying equipment will determine the final amount of the rebate.
Some custom rebates have resulted in reducing the payback period for more efficient options by more than a year. So, if you’re considering improvements to your facility or manufacturing process, be sure to make our custom rebate part of your plans.
- Rebates are available to active Colorado Springs Utilities commercial and industrial customers.
- Purchase and installation of qualifying measures must be in our service territory.
- Customer pre-approval prior to purchasing equipment is required for all custom rebates.
- Must be willing to provide reasonable access to project facilities for independent verification of reported measure installation and/or realized savings.
Custom Energy Rebate
Examples of equipment that might be rebated are:
- High-efficiency compressed air systems
- Water cooled chillers
- High-efficiency process equipment
- Any equipment where there is a low cost/low efficiency option and a higher cost/higher efficiency option for replacement of existing equipment.
Steps to receive energy rebate
- Carefully read the terms and conditions of the custom energy rebate application.
- Read the custom energy rebate rules.
- Download and complete the rebate application. The application must have complete information and be submitted prior to the new equipment purchased.
- Digitally sign - or print and sign - the rebate application.
- Email the completed application to RSwope@csu.org.
Custom Water Rebate
Examples of equipment that may be rebated:
The business custom water rebate is especially beneficial for customers that require large amounts of water for indoor use, including:
Steps to receive rebate
Mail your completed application to:
Colorado Springs Utilities
Business Custom Water Rebate
2855 Mesa Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
A conservation specialist will set up a time to inspect/verify equipment slated for replacement.
Following the visit to your facility, we’ll notify you of qualification and rebate amount in writing.