One of our social media goals is to give our customers the opportunity to interact with us – sharing comments, voicing opinions, providing feedback and more. Our social channels – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Re:Sources blog – are for you, and we look forward to sharing an open, honest dialogue with you. We will do our best to ensure we meet your expectations of a community-owned utility.
We want to foster a fun environment to learn about and keep you connected with Colorado Springs Utilities. To get the most out of our social channels, we need your participation. Everyone is encouraged to join in. You are the other half of the equation, and we're excited to interact with you.
In order to be effective, we do, however, need to establish a few guidelines. All comments are moderated to ensure everyone stays on topic - or at least pretty close to it. We welcome your thoughts, comments, suggestions and questions, but when you comment, please make sure they are of general interest to most readers. We also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language will not be tolerated nor published. Other guidelines:
- Spam. Comments focused on selling a product or service, or comments, posted for a purpose of driving traffic to a particular Web site for personal, political or monetary gain, will be excluded.
- Personal attacks. If you disagree with the content or a comment, we would like to hear from you, but ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others. Malicious intent and/or participation not in the spirit of civil conversation will be excluded.
- Illegal. Laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc. will be followed.
- Offensive language. Comments including but not limited to profane or provocative language will be excluded (which means that hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit language will not be tolerated).
- Private or confidential information. Please do not provide any of your specific account details or other personal information. If you have immediate service needs, please contact customer service (719-448-4800).
Even though we moderate our social channels, in the spirit of transparency, we pledge to present opposing viewpoints as long as they meet these guidelines. While we would like to engage in conversation with you, we may not be able to respond to every comment. However, we encourage you to respond to our posts and to the comments of other individuals.