Colorado Springs Utilities understands the needs of our customers. We ourselves, are a major manufacturer providing electric, natural gas, water and wastewater services to other industries in the Pikes Peak Region.
Our dedicated team and services make the decision making easier in each phase of the process, from site selection, energy planning and technical engineering, to financing – all the way through ongoing operations.
Our staff of economic development experts can help:
- Plan and estimate utility costs
- Facilitate site tours and field visits
- Lend guidance on electrical and infrastructure requirements
- Provide GIS data and mapping
- Coordinate on-site energy audits
- Administer Economic Development Special Contracts allowing utility specific incentives
Economic Development special contracts
For economic development benefit, Colorado Springs Utilities has the ability to enter into exclusive contractual agreements with commercial customers. These contracts have proven to be extremely advantageous for prospect companies to ease upfront capital outlay, advance operational timelines and accelerate business growth.
We work directly and aggressively with you to develop a mutually beneficial arrangement to achieve your targets and realize sustained success. Contracts can be executed for the following but are not limited to:
- Fee deferrals for Utilities charges and fees
- Cost participation for relocations, extensions and capacity improvements
- Special rates for utility products and services
Colorado Springs Utilities’ economic development contracts have been used to leverage commercial customer savings from $10,000 to over $2 million.
Utility cost & rates
Utility costs can consume a significant portion of operating expenses for any commercial or industrial operation. We offer numerous pricing options for businesses, including:
- General Service
- Time-of-Day Service
- Large Power & Light
- Large Nonseasonal Water User Rate
To see more on specific utility service information including the current typical rate, please view the following informational material:
You can also view our Rules & Regulations and formal tariffs information online.
Contact our staff of economic development experts to help identify the price plan that's right for your business.