By design, environmental stewardship has been a part of our business practice for decades. We use the following principles to direct our environmental stewardship initiatives for the benefit of the community.
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Exceed regulatory compliance considering community values, competitive advantage and measurable benefit.
- Assure compliance through implementing sensible, sustainable and easy-to-understand environmental programs and systems.
- Adopt industry-best practices to assure public health.
- Demonstrate environmental stewardship within Colorado Springs Utilities and promote it in our community to enhance the quality of life in Colorado Springs.
- Hold employees personally accountable for assuring Colorado Springs Utilities’ environmental commitment.
- Communicate the value of Colorado Springs Utilities’ environmental commitment to its citizen-owners through employee and corporate communications.
- Be proactive in planning regulatory and legislative processes to ensure consistency with community values and interests.
- Exceed citizen-owner expectations through community dialogue and education.